A New Era of Disinfection
New UV disinfection systems, such as room-cleaning robots and portable hand-held devices are expected to grow in popularity over the next few years, This growth is highlighted in the US by new HAI reporting regulations and guidelines released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). In January 2012, CMS began requiring hospitals to report surgical site infections (SSI) and denied reimbursement for the added costs of SSIs beginning January 2013. Healthcare facilities around the globe are beginning to adopt UV technology as a second stage process to augment manual surface wipe protocols.
Crystal IS UVC LEDs offer distinct advantages for surface disinfection equipment.
- Smaller footprint affords design flexibility
- Durable, shock-resistant package
- Capable of running on rechargeable energy source
- Instant on/off capability optimizes unit lifetime and decreases operation costs
- Precise viewing angle reduces stray light